Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Maybe Next Time New Orleans

Last September while living in Houston for a month we thought about traveling to New Orleans and seeing the city we've both have heard great things about.

Jazz

       French Quarter

                               Bourbon Street

                                                       Restaurants

                                                                          Gelato

                                                                                     Pastries

                                                                                                    Parks

                                                                                                             Trolley Rides

                                                                                                                                   Plantations

Southern Cultural

Seafood and great food: I was really looking forward to gaining a few pounds and enjoying every bite!

The timing wasn't right and so we headed to our new home in San Antonio. Before we knew we would be in South Carolina for the summer we talked about taking a road trip to New Orleans to celebrate our anniversary.

So I went to the library and gathered every book I could find on New Orleans. For three months I slowly did research on the places we should see.

So when Al made the decision to work in South Carolina we decided New Orleans could be on our way to get to our summer destination.

Then I discovered the same weekend we would be in New Orleans the city was having it's annual weekend Jazz Festival. Many great artists on the list for example:  B.B. King...

The day before we were suppose to go I got sick with strep throat. Al ended up driving the whole way because I was so sick. We had also been having car problems and when we got to our hotel the hotel couldn't figure out our hotel reservations. We had decided to book with hotels.com for the first time and we encountered some problems. They couldn't find our reservation even though we had pre-paid. They wanted us to pay for an additional night. I sat on the couch, I was tired, exhausted and just began to to slowly cry. This was not what I was picturing months before for our anniversary trip.

Our whole trip a HUGE rainstrom followed us. So when we woke up the next morning I had never seen such big raindrops hit our windows.







I knew we would not be seeing New Orleans the way I had invisioned but that's what makes a true adventure. My husband looked at me and said
 
"we'll come back"
 
My husband drove us around to the different streets and I took pictures from my side of the passenger seat.
 















 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment