Monday, August 5, 2013

740 Mile Road Trip

On The Road To Florida



We had to stop and take photos
Our nephews and nieces would love this.
 
 
During the summers my husband walks all day long and has time to think.
He'll come home and say I'm sorry for this and it makes me smile
inside because it's a sweet thought that was never even an issue for me.
 
Or he'll come home and say I was thinking about doing this
what do you think?
 
It's good in life to have time to clear the mind.
 
Road Trips are great because it gives me the chance to clear my mind
 as the miles goes by it gives me time for random thoughts.
 
Thought:  I was born with a sensitive personality and have always been open and honest to a fault. I've viewed these traits as a blessing and a curse. Even though others may not have these gifts and haven't safe guarded my feelings it's "ok" I have to think of the other qualities people around me have  as to the reason I allowed them to come into my heart. The phrase "Lock Your Heart" came to my mind. How does one lock there heart but stay true to themselves? I'm not sure I have the answer.
What will I tell our future children/niece or nephew?
First thought: That person is undeserving of your heart. In time the pain will subside
Second Thought: Keep the heart open it's the only way to have experiences that make us strong but don't allow same breakages to form.
 
Thought: I get to see the beautiful peach state Georgia in the day. Georgia is very similar to South Carolina as it's low country.
 
Thought: In this moment I feel contentment, peace, happiness and hoping that stays awhile until another challenge resurfaces.
 
Thought: I'm going to miss the full thick trees but palm tree will replace them. Not a bad trade off.
 
Thought: We've been kept safe in our travels and have been given humility as others have come to our aid.
 
Thought: Losing weight is a process and this time I've done it the slow hard healthly way.
 
Thought: We've survived another selling season and it's hard to believe this is our third season and it may be our last. But never say never...
 
Thought: In the cycles of life my husband shows me daily to never give up. You start a task and you finish no matter the difficulty.
 
Thought: Excitement for Florida and what crazy litte adventures we'll have.
 
As we travel we have a tradition of finding welcome to state signs and we hope one day we'll have all states.
 
We had  a hard time finding Georgia sign but the sign at the visitors center will have to do.


 
 
Random Thought: I've never been big on make-up I usually put make-up
on when we go to church or Friday Date Night.
I never really thought I needed it but this summer I thought I would start trying.
With the hot humidity air it's been a bit difficult
because it's hard not to sweat and the make-up comes right off.
I look at these photos and think where did my make-up go???


(Really awesome information center so many fliers
and free fresh orange juice and grapefruite juice.)
 
So we get to Daytona Beach and I ask my husband would you ever like to go to the
Daytona 500 car race?
He replied: "Heck Yeah," look it up?
Love having an i-phone.
Discovered it's in February and tickets are reasonable.
Then I said "what about my dad?"
We agreed all three of us, wouldn't that be fun?
 
A little while later we pull into a rest area so Al could make arrangements for his licensing training.
It's late and we are tired.
Originally we thought we would make it to our new home and Al would car pool
with the other guys to Tampa to get his training in the state of Florida.
After a few phone calls we discovered only one car would be going and it was full.
What do we do?
We would have to back track and drive to Tampa
Get a hotel and have Al make it by nine in the morning.
We ended up going an extra 155 miles
 
What's a little diversion?
 
So Al didn't get any sleep. He went to his meeting while I got to rest in the hotel
and watch t.v.
The following day I went to the VIVINT office
I thought it was cool his company has it's own official office in Tampa
His company has an unlimited supply of soda.
We don't usually drink soda and I won't say how much I drank:)
I was a bit bored and read my book for eight hours.
They had a pool table so on his break we played.
 
Soon we were on the road again.
 
It's fun to have a new home and go exploring.
Every one drives crazy and fast.
This area is full of BMW, Lexus, Mercedez
and sport cars.
 
This last Sunday we decided to go for a drive to find the beach.
We went to Hollywood and saw the Atlantic Ocean from our car seats
In florida they have parking on streets that you pay for but it's hard to find a space
Next time we'll have to come early.
We then had a thought let's see if we can find the cruise ships.
In Seattle we walked the waterfront and saw all the beautiful boats.
 
Discovered not a possability in Ft. Lauderdale
Very tight security they took Al's license and we had to turn around
The security guard was nice and told us it's hurricane season so the ships
only leave on Saturday and Sunday.
In cruise season they leave every day.
He told us we could drive over a certain bridge and we might beable to see one.

 We had to make a u-turn and saw this church.

 Raindrops as we crossed the bridge
No cruise ships maybe next time.
 
Next time we'll park and walk over the bridge.
Our luck it started raining.
As we drove further we discovered a nice beach and more boats.


 

 
Only problem thunder and lightening started and everyone was running for cover.
So we parked, plenty of spaces due to weather.
We ran to the beach and took a few photos and then
laughing we ran back to the car.

 Volleyball nets, FUN.
 Wind was so strong, trying to keep my shirt down, HA HA

 Big ships out in the sea.

 
This particular beach is a turtle nesting beach
I'll have to look into that.
For a moment it was fun to once again feel the sand in our feet
and see the Prettiest blue Atlantic water.

 Went to the other side

 
 

 Al was so excited to see this boat
he saw it for sale awhile go on a website.



 
 
 Next Florida Adventures to be continued...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment