Sunday, April 5, 2015

North Sea


UPDATE

I never intended to be absent from our blog for eight months. Last summer I had an opporunity to travel to Nauvoo with the youth and leaders in my church. What a wonderful uplifting experience. I was so excited to share the adventure with everyone. Then my computer wouldn't recognize my photos. I blamed being absent on having a computer that is tired. Deep inside of my soul I have been ashamed of leaving the previous blog posted so it's the first blog everyone will come across. My journey to motherhood is still a constant struggle as my heart strings go back and forth. Even though it's the highest viewing sixty eight people have viewed our struggle to parenthood. My hope is that one person may have read a bit of our story and not felt alone.

Recently, a friend told me that I should do a gofundme account and she would donate. It is the most sweet and heartfelt response to my struggle that anyone has given me. Just the very thought that someone loves me enough to sacrifice and help us out.  I have my own personal issues with mygofund me accounts.  So many people have them. I have looked at countless stories for fertility and adoption. What if I took the time and we received very little donations or we spent the donations on fertility treatments that didn't work. I would feel as though I would have let everyone down. I would want to give back in some way. If a person gives a donation then they get a love pouch full of somekind of goodies. Just some random thoughts!

I want to be a mother but I am scared. Scared of the rollercoaster of emotions that comes with losing a pregnancy. Could I mentaly deal with a fourth loss. Fears in the back of my mind that I won't be a good mother and maybe that's a reason why we haven't been blessed with children. Then I think God has given me the most caring, loving partner. He won't let me fail. Yes, I will make mistakes but the Lord has given me experiences that will continue to help me to be the mother that our children will need. We will make sacrifices and our children will always have parents that love each other and they will always know they are loved. I will continue to give updates if anything changes.

UGANDA 

Friends have been asking me about my trip to Africa. My adventures to Uganda will be in future blogs. I really need to think about how I want to tell my journey and the people I met that have changed my life.


EASTER
 

Today, is Easter and it's been a really peaceful day. Cooking a non-traditional Easter dinner. Meatballs, macaroni, and brocolli. I am thinking about the North Sea and how the ocean has always brought so much peace in my soul.  Much like how my Savior Jesus Christ brings peace and comfort to my heart.




AMSTERDAM

On my way back from Uganda I realized I would have a layover in Amsterdam. I have been wanting to see Amsterdam for about a couple of years so I thought why not stay and see it. So that's what I did. I took a 45 minute train ride and then got on a bus. My stop was the last stop and so it was easy. Walked to my hotel which was just across the street. The previous day I had walked all over Amsterdam and my feet had blisters. I had packed light only taking a small backpack. It felt so good to take off my shoes and sit on my balcony smelling the ocean breeze and feeling the wind of the North Sea. Felt, surreal that I was actually in the North Sea.



NORTH SEA
 
The North Sea is a marginal sea of the Atlantic Ocean located between Great Britain, Scandinavia, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, and France. An epeiric (or "shelf") sea on the European continental shelf, it connects to the ocean through the English Channel in the south and the Norwegian Sea in the north.
 
 
The North Sea has long been the site of important European shipping lanes as well as a major fishery. The sea is a popular destination for recreation and tourism in bordering countries and more recently has developed into a rich source of energy resources including fossil fuels, wind, and early efforts in wave power
 
In the north, deep fjords and sheer cliffs mark the Norwegian and Scottish coastlines, whereas in the south it consists primarily of sandy beaches and wide mudflats
 

 
I couldn't sleep. Even though I was sick I wanted to go for a walk and find seashells. Got all bundled up and left early in the morning. It was so cold and breezy that early in the morning. I was so excited to walk on the sand and see the view of the ocean.
 
 
I can say I've been in the North Sea.
So cold. I debated because I was so sick.

 
Proof I was at the North Sea...

 
I guess you could say I'm a true introvert because I enjoyed my
time by the ocean all by myself. I felt so happy and at peace.
 
 

 
I walked the whole length of the beach.
Picking up seashells along the way.
The North Sea has small shells.
 

 
Stunning up close.
 


 
A beautiful hotel that looks like a palace.
 
 
 
People were actually in wet suits and another couple not in wet suits.
Funny story but it is Europe.
As I was crossing the dock a lady came out
and at first I thought she had a bikini on.
As she came closer I realized she had no bikini on or swimsuit.
Then her companion starting coming out of the Sea behind her.
I quickly looked down because it wasn't something I wanted to see. HA.HA....
 
 

 
My discovery. Turns out it's part of the clams that come out.
Nice lady at the aquarium told me what I saw.






 
These rocks were massive.
 


Fishermen fishing by the lighthouse.
 

 
Across the way another light house.
Too tired to walk all way around to see it up close.



A bird showing off for me.
 



I got lucky and these ships were coming out to sea as I was on the dock.
 

 
A light house surrounded in between apartments.
 
Next blog will have more pictures of the lighthouse, boardwalk and aquarium.
 
Hope you enjoyed the North Sea because I sure did!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment