Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Colonial Dorchester State Park

Last week my husband Al was gone for a week for work and it's been awhile since we've been apart that long.

The weather had decided to rain hard for two weeks straight with thunder and lighting. It felt like I was living in Seattle. Lately Al has been calling me his little birdy because I've been sitting by the window in a comfy chair watching the rain and waiting for him to come home. My favorite past time is to snuggle up with my favorite blanket while reading a book.


What does a person do while it rains non-stop?
 
So last Friday when I woke up and I saw Sunshine I knew I needed to get out and enjoy the day before the rain came again.
 
I ventured to Colonial Dorchester State Park
 
 

Really Liked the Entrance of the Park

I'm always amazed standing on land of such history.
Times of the REVOLUTION.

Very Peaceful Grounds
 



 
A trail along the Ashley River
 
I love couples enjoying time together, I hope they
don't mind I took this photo:)







 
A day before while running on the treadmill I was trying
to run faster long distance and pulled a muscle.
So painful just walking along this trail but I was
so Happy to be out in the Sunshine.

 
Not sure why the water in South Carolina looks brown
but with the trees it's still beautiful.
 
 
The Ashley River allowed for trading network in the 1700s.

 
I love these trees and not excited to leave these beauties eventually.


A guy was fishing next to this area and gave me a look
but I had to take a photo, those perfect purple little
flowers are so pretty in the scenery.


 
Had to walk a little ways on the other side of the park
to get better pictures of the river.


 
This made me a little nervous.

 
This makes me want to explore on the river.



Look at those branches stemming over the river


 


Bustling place of the market in the 1700s.


 Forty houses once stood in this area, this is what is left. Who wouldn't love to have those trees to wake up to each morning.



They had a school but eventually it was abandoned and another one was built in
Summerville.
 


First time seeing Yellow Mushrooms.
 

The Last remains of the church.


 
Inside the church.

A few gravesites.

 Not sure what I was thinking I wore flip flops and with all the rain...........




 
Toward the end of my little adventure it started to rain again:)

No comments:

Post a Comment