Saturday, January 4, 2014

Just the Two of us, we can make it a Christmas if we try!


We started the first week of December watching
The Sound of Music and eating chocolate covered pretzels
with eggnog. 



This year we got a tree a bit late.
Not many tree lots in Texas
We went to one Wal-Mart that was selling Christmas trees
by the time we went the guy told us they were sold out.
Would we get a tree?
We decided to try another Wal-Mart.
We had rows and rows of trees to choose from.
A decent tree and the least expensive tree we've ever purposed.
This year I had Al put on the lights.
400...


Discovered a set of scandinavian ornaments that I couldn't resist.


So I saw many pictures of friends trees this year.
For the first time ever I started comparing my tree.
Seriously, what is wrong with me? Ha ha ha
I didn't put many bulbs on the tree this year 
but got a few extra ornaments at Kohls after Christmas sales.
Thank You mom for the Kohls cash.



 Our friends gave Al a great daily inspiration book.
In Utah a dear friend gave me one after I graduated
I love all the great quotes.
So Al has one to put in his study.
I love good books...


Is this really what I think it is?
I think at first he was confused, 
how did my mom guess we've been wanting one for years.
Ha, Ha I gave mom a few ideas.
Mmm, Saturday morning waffles can be in our future...

 


This last summer Al grandmother passed away.
She had been my pen pal for seven years.
We had tried to make plans to see her in March
but we weren't able to make it happen.
She was so healthy and had an accident.
It was very unexpected.
We both loved her very much.


I found some photos of them together.

We had our friends over for Al traditional stuffed french toast.
I love having wonderful friends over filling our home with laughter.
I miss them so much when they leave.

Some friends had us over for Christmas Day dinner second year in a row.
They requested my homemade cranberry sauce which was a hit once again.
I met a really nice lady that thought I was sixteen.
She couldn't believe it when I told her my actual age.
Really, you're not sixteen?
Ha, Ha. NO, NO but thank you.
She responded: "What do you use on your face?"
Me with a giggle. "Not much. I'm kind of lazy in that department."
My parents just gave me great European genes.


A big thank you to Al's parents and my dad who sent us cash for Christmas.

Thanks to my dad I finally have new curtains for our bedroom.

Life is good and we feel so blessed for having so much love in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment