Thursday, January 2, 2014

Second Christmas in Texas...


I had all these big plans for preparing for Christmas.
Then our only working car brakes went out.

Honestly feel as though angels were looking out over us.

So grateful for our neighbor who took my husband to a shop
that takes apart parts. I'm sure my husband would explain
it better but to me it's that simple!

Also to friends who took my husband to church
and took me around to the post office and stores.

So grateful for those with kind hearts.

Finally after going to a few auto part stores we got the tools we
needed for my husband to repair the car.

My husband is awesome, repaired the car in time
to enjoy Christmas Day dinner with some friends.


So I saw this wood plaque and thought I could make one just like it.
Not sure what I was thinking but adds uniqueness Christmas decor to our home.

I had all these great plans of baking and wrapping, delivering to neighbors and loved ones.
It's Christmas Eve and I have pumpkin cookies baking in the over for our neighbors.

A few days ago a good friend picked me up and helped me deliver a few trays of cookies
to friends near me. I even still have a few Christmas cards that will go in the mailbox today.

I've come to terms with not being perfect and having weaknesses.
The good news is even after Christmas is come and gone
I can still follow Christ light and so kindness to others
as kindness was shown to us in our hour of need.





We did get to see some Christmas lights.


This year it was so cold, we were the only ones
walking the neighborhoods. Traffic was so backed
up that we didn't regret our choice!



Al, didn't tell me when to smile.
Guess whose behind me???


Christmas lights make me so happy!
I'm all bundled up...
Two shirts
Vest
Coat
Scarf
Hat


Some times we get a couple of cardinals in our backyard.
Recently we've seen woodpeckers.
Love birds!




My nephews and nieces would love this house!




This reminded me of my European heritage.





In the community they have this big tree
by a fire station with pictures with Santa.
This year we even got free hot chocolate with a cookie.
They also have movies playing for the kids.
MAGICAL...






It was fun to get out of the house and enjoy the spirit of Christmas. I've started babysitting for a lady occasionally so it was fun to take my husband out for our traditional Denny shakes and onion rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment