Friday, December 28, 2012

Simplexity


Simple is Always Better

 

 



One of our new sayings in our family  Simple is Always Better.

 

My husband likes to tell me he’s simple but complex.
So instead of stressing about Christmas gifts and what to get him this year I applied our simple rule!
I decided to apply my listening skills as he mentioned he saw a Sunkist
cherry limeade soda he wanted to try and so that’s what I got him.
When he opened his present he was so excited jumping up and down.

Geese, I would have thought I had just got him a brand new carJ
 
One of the many reasons why I love him so much.

 I also gave me a glow in the dark puzzle which we’ll put together on
New Year’s while we wait for the clock to strike midnight.

This Christmas was great I didn’t have to see his disappointed face
as I gave him a shirt that he didn’t like.
I guess our taste in style is a bit different.

 My husband really knows me so well. He gave me a pot for my growing
green spider plant that he got me a few month’s ago. He also
surprised me with a Pink Lady Indian Hawthorn
plant which can grow up to six feet.
 
 
 
 
 

 

It was really nice that our families remembered us from Washington.

 

Al’s parents sent us some delicious chocolate covered dried cherries.
Mmm, so good.

Also some blackberry and peach jam from a wonderful place called
Mercantile. We have some special memories with them at this cute little
farm where they took us a year ago for lunch.

 

Al received some shoes from his mother-in-law, what a great gift…
 
 

 

So how does a couple of two make dinner on Christmas Eve without having to eat a bunch of leftovers?
 
 

 

T.V. Dinners…..

 

 

Then we celebrated with another family tradition.  The Sound of Music
 
 

 

Christmas Day we celebrated by inviting some wonderful friends
over for Al’s traditional Stuffed French Toast.
 
Sometimes we get some weird expressions when I tell people
Al will do the cooking. He really is the better cook in our family
I just get to relax and be the host. It works out great.

I finally got to use my placemats and napkins from Guatemala
that our family gave to me as a gift.
 
 

In the evening our friends invited us over for a divine dinner.
First time having prime rib and it was good.
Our host even made baked beans with bacon a dish
I’ll have to try in the future. I brought a salad with apples with
a hint of lemon which surprisingly everyone enjoyed.
I guess families still enjoy veggies with their Christmas Dinner.

 

Here, in San Antonio it dropped in temperature
so it’s been cold but without any SNOW!

Hoping everyone had a wonderful Christmas and
can remember to appreciate the simple things in your life…

No comments:

Post a Comment