Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Towel

This time of the year I try to think of a few people and make cookies or baskets.

One year I made fruit baskets and I have to admit they looked professional. This year I tried to make several batches of cookies but both batches failed which left me asking

"What happened to the Amazing baker I use to be?"

I'de like to blame it on the oven since it's ancient but I think I'll be sticking to my old recipes that have been successes in the past.

So this year I discovered tiny little baskets at one of my favorite stores and filled them with Creme filled hershey kisses, a card, a towel and what that towel can be used for.

After writing my mom telling her about the towel message I thought it would be easier just to share it on my new blog.

Hope everyone enjoys it and the last few days leading to Christmas.

The Towel
 
 
 
 
 
 
At first glance one looks at a kitchen towel and may think,
"Wow, a towel-I need a new one!" Have you ever stopped to think
that for thousands of years the towel has not just been used in the
kitchen but for a wide variety of purposes?
 
Take, for example the parent who wipes the tears of a little
child to soothe physical and emotional hurt; the physician who binds
the wound of a patient; the woman in her home wiping her hands as
she moves from task to task; the weary traveler who wipes his
sweated brow.
 
Perhaps the most significant us of the towel; however, was
about two thousand years ago when our loving brother, Jesus Christ,
took an ordinary towel in his hands and dried the feet of his
disciples only hours before his cruxifixion.
 
It is true, the towel is a handy item with a myriad of uses, but it
also has a deep symbolic meaning when seen in the hands of the
Savior doing a work of kindness for his fellowmen.
 
So, take the towel, knowing it is given with love, and do good
works as the Savior did so many years ago.
 
We Celebrate his birth and reverence his
Name at this Christmas Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment