Tuesday, December 18, 2012

WindCrest Community Light Show

Every Sunday we drive into a nice senior/family community to get to church.

 
One of those that has a golfcourse.
We like this area so much we've even looked at houses to buy in this area
Well, mostly looking for parent-in-law maybe hoping to tempt them to
move closier to us. We miss our Sunday dinners with them.

This is the style of lights I would like on our house!

A little fact about me I love looking at houses have for as long as I can remember.
When I was a teenager while driving I would often turn on an unknown street and find a quiet
cul- de-sac looking for signs "For Sale"

 
 
Who wants a tree like this? AMAZING



 



The nice lady at this house says it takes her 7 weeks to prepare all the lights.

I think my fascination with houses comes from a divided home. A warm inviting home always was symbolic for me in that I viewed it as stability in my existence. A place of family gathering, laughter, pies baking, and friends coming over for barbecues.
 


Loved this entrance.
 
If we had an outdoor mailbox I could see myself decorating it this pretty blue.
 
I think this will be the only snowman we'll see in Texas
 
I love big windows, amazing views, big gardens, and white fences. That's really the criteria I have for our home someday. We are working toward that goal. I love that my husband engages in my creativity but his house dreams are a bit grander. One day we'll find our home that statisfies both of our desires. Until then we feel very blessed to have our three bedroom home with a pretty big front and back yard. We are already thinking about some GRAND parties to have in 2013!
 
 

During this time of the year as people enter the Windcrest community they have a huge sign Christmas Light Show December 15th-31st. Presented by the womans club. I thought woman clubs  only existed in the 60's I guess they still exist. HA HA HA...
 
All the cars waiting to see all the houses. Can you see my husband in shorts?

So I convinced my husband that we had to go for a date night. I love traditions. When I was younger my grandparents would pick us up and we would go watch the parade of boats go down the Columbia River as they were decorated with fancy lights. Then we would go look at Christmas lights. Our favorite area was Garfield Hill and the houses by the airport. Then we would always go have an ice-cream shake afterwards. This is a tradition I want for our family...
 
Guess who I found?

As we drove into this community there was a huge traffic jam. Police officers and firefighters guiding traffic. We decided to park and walk. We walked to the main event by the fire station. Looks like they had a night race which I'll have to look into next year. A huge line for Santa Claus, couldn't convince Al to get in the line but maybe in a few years when we have a child or two. In a area off to the side they had a huge line for hot chocolate, Al really wanted some but we decided to walk around and then we would come back. When we came back it was closed, I felt really bad but we ended up having such a great time that it was ok that we missed the warm milk. They also had a big screen of movies playing with a camp fire with fake snow. I had never walked looking at Christmas lights because it's usually so dang cold. Not here, walking in sweaters and Al in shorts.
 
Such a pretty Angel: Reminded me of Angels we have heard on High...
 
Sorry this is blurry but I thought it was cool to see carriages.
I overheard the lady tell the driver: "You can take the short cuts"
His response: "Laughing, uh no short cuts with heavy traffic especially with a horse!"
 
The green and red lights on the lawn flashed, I was lucky to time the picture just right.
 

So after looking at a map off we went. It was quite comical walking faster than the cars where moving. Children where standing up in the cars with their little heads sticking out the sunroofs spreading good cheer of Merry Christmas. We would greet them with Merry Christmas and say "you want to race?"

 Two little white girls replied "Adios Amigos." We looked at each and started laughing. Al replied: "Adios Amigos and Merry Christmas."

Walking down one street a pretty little girl in the cutest little dress had her head out of a mini van looking at all the amazing lights. I asked her "Have you seen Santa?" Her eyes got so BIG and so Al explained to the nice parents what streets to take to find Santa.

I get a little teary eyed thinking of this wonderful evening as people from all different backgrounds came together to celebrate in the joy of Christmas. It truly felt magical being apart of something special and it felt like this is what Christmas is suppose to feel like.

 




 
Old fashioned car decorated.
 
On one of our last streets a family was in the yard playing christmas songs on there musical instruments and I couldn't think of a happier time as the music enlightened our souls. We walked about three miles and then we decided it was time for our traditional shakes at Denny's.
 
Mmm, so good. Al requested Onion Rings...
 
I hope everyone can remember the blessings they've received this year
and in return give blessings of the heart to cheer those in one's path.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment