Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Gratitude for each new discovery

I've been wanting to see the Japanese Tea Gardens.
I had read about these gardens before we left for South Carolina.
So I thought we would enjoy a nice Sunday afternoon in these gardens.
Very limited parking but the gardens didn't disappointment!
Oh, the gardens are free admission.


 
Not sure why it says Chinese Tea Gardens
when the map and internet calls these gardens Japanese Tea Gardens

 
Beautiful cobble pathways.

 
Can you see the waterfall in the background?

 
So many BIG fish.


In my opinion one of my best photos.











As we were driving home in a nice area
All of a sudden a truck with a trailor coming in the opposite direction
lost a tire and came in our lane heading for us.
Due to my husband quick and good driving skills the tire didn't hit us very hard
The tire went under our front end.


As my husband pulled over I heard a loud thunk
I thought oh no, that sounds like a lot of damage that we can't afford.
We have insurance but the driver never came back for his tire.
A few feet from where we pulled over Al discovered our light which
we think was the loud noise.


Luckily that was the only damage. We called the police and we waited awhile
for him to come. He told us we could file a report but his advice
was not to file a report because our insurance would go up and it would be better just to buy a new light.


Honestly it happened so fast and I'm really grateful that we said a prayer before church and I feel
as though Heavenly angels were looking over us.
It could have been worse and just felt each new day is an opporunity to be better than the previous.

Ever have one of those days?
Sunday was mine.
Came home a little shook up but determined to make a nice Sunday meal.
I did all my prep work to make a bacon-feta chicken rolls.
I go to put them in the oven and discover our oven isn't working.


Frustrated, but had my back up plan we still have our toaster oven.
I had invited some friends over but they couldn't make it
which was a blessing because not sure how I would have made enough food
in a small toaster oven.

Then as I was taking the food out I Burnt my hand
my husband response was you used the wrong oven mitt.
Not sure why that threw me in tears
maybe I was ready for my hard day to be over.

A quick call to my grandmother soothed me over.
We had a nice dinner together
 Al told me it was the best chicken I had made.
He always tell me I'm his chicken lady because I use to work in the Albertson deli
and I'm actually pretty good at making chicken.
I guess you could say chicken is my specialty.

Recently every day friends on facebook have been posting
what they are grateful for each day.
After my recent event I wanted to make a list and not
over load my friends each day on facebook:)


In college professors would tell me to always
stick with your first answer while taking a test.

My gratitude list could go on for miles.

My first thoughts in order

Things I'm Grateful For

1. God: My faith in God helps me in every aspect of my life.

2. Husband: He's my best friend and even though we don't always agree on everything he's proven to me he is by my side for the beautiful, good, bad, and even ugly life experiences.

3. Nursery: The first Sunday at church when we came back to San Antonio I was asked to work with the 18 month to three year olds.
At times I feel overwhelmed with sixteen or more little ones.They show me how to trust and love so easily.They leave there parents and come to me for support and security for two hours. Some day when I grow up I hope to be just like them except for the tantrums:)

4. Women who are good moms: I have a really good friend who had a really good mom and so she's naturally a really good mom. This last sunday I was watching all these different moms have activities for there children that they probulary made and I thought I'm surrounded by these amazing women who are really good moms.It gave my heart joy and happiness.

5. Being an Aunt: I love my nieces and nephews. I miss them so much.

6. Sand and Seashells: I love the smell of the ocean breeze as it enters my lunges and feeling the sand between my toes. Watching the ocean waves come out as I search for seashell treasures.I think I'm missing Florida!

7. Sewing Machine: The motor roaring as I glide my hands over fabric that allows me to focus on a project for someone I love and appreciate.

8. Cozy Blankets: My husband will ask are you cold? My response is no? I just love to wrap myself in a warm blanket and turn on the air. It provides a sense of a safety net.Little luxuries that give me comfort.

9. My dad who is a veteran: He's the one person who whenever we talk expresses that he wants to come see us. He's always been my hero because of the way he lives his life and teaches me how to serve others and be a good person.

10. Grandparents: I'm so blessed to still have them and that they've lived a full life and been such a big part of my life.

11. My Mom:A girl will always have a connection for her mom and I love her. She has taught me to be strong!

12. In-Laws:I've always felt so blessed with my in-laws. There great...

13. Cousins:I've never really had cousins growing up so my husband cousins have become my family and my friends.

14. Siblings:We are each different but grateful for our differences and being the youngest I've always looked up to them.

15. Education/Universities: While traveling I enjoy visiting different campuses and being apart of a learning environment. I'm grateful for my education and my future education.

16. Animals: Maybe I should of become a veterinarian. Love them all.

17. Transportation:I'm thankful that we have a car that gets me from point A to point B.

18. Friendships:In Texas I've been blessed with some amazing friends who have become my family who I would do anything for.

19. Journals:I've never been very good at consistency in writing but I love the idea of thoughts being turned into a story.

20. Sunsets:Orange/blue/pinks/purples mixed together are about the prettiest visuals in a day.

21. Flowers/Trees: Living in a time when there is so much beauty that surrounds us and gives me glee to my sometimes aching heart.

22. Living in the United States of America:
I've lived in other countries and I love my home country.

23. Hugs:The best feeling is to receive a hug because it symbolizes someone cares.

24. Travel:Some of my happiest moments have been from new discoveries as we venture into the unknown.To explore, meet new people, and see new horizons.

25. Good Books:That allow me into a different world as I use my imagination.

26. Recipes: I'm pretty good at following a recipe and warm food always tastes good. Grateful for my senses.

27. Neighbors:It always makes me smile when neighbors smile and say hello. We've been blessed with some awesome neighbors.

28. Doctors/hospitals/medicine:
For the few times I've had to be rushed to the ER
I'm grateful for the inspiration they received while
treating me. The kinds words: You'll be allright.
Grateful for all my limbs and the ability to use them.

Life is full of gratitudes
Most days we just have to open our eyes
and allow them into our hearts!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment